Hi from Ben

Hello South London Makers

I’m excited to find out about you and I think you may be exactly what I need in my life!

My enthusiasm and joy in woodworking and metalworking has outgrown what I can achieve outside in my terraced back garden surrounded by neighbours. I’d like to progress from fabricating simple cabinetry to more elaborate furtniture and other pieces.

I am on the waitlist and hope to meet you soon.

Regards

Ben

5 Likes

Hi Ben,

Welcome and I’m glad you enjoyed last night’s tour. See you around soon!

All best,
Mark

1 Like

@welcome Hello- I went along last night for the open evening and scanned the QR code. I have also registered my intrest via the website a few weeks ago. Please can I be sent a questionairre to get the ball rolling? thanks and regards

Ben

Hey Ben,

I assume @welcome team will get back to you soon. Lots of admins currently on hols, and we’ve been swamped with Arch2 stuff, but all should pick up very soon. I’ll bump your message up with the welcome team!

See you soon!

Mark

thanks Mark. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Good you meet you last night.

Everyone, Ben came to the open evening last night and is really keen to join. He signed up a while ago but doesn’t seem to have received the questionnaire. Would it be possible to send him one?

Also, it would be great if someone could show me how to do this too so I don’t have to bother other folks :slight_smile:

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

This is not something that just anyone can do as it requires access to mailing lists and so on but someone from the @welcome team should be able to push this along…

Thanks, Steve

Thanks for this, Glenn.

Once I’m a member, please can I drop you a line about getting started in the workshop? Woodwork will be my main focus. In particular, I’ve never used a bandsaw, nor a planer/thicknesser and would love to be able to use these tools. Table saw and router table should be a quicker induction as I am experienced on these.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Myself and a couple of other people run the woodshop inductions. Before you can move on to the more advanced machines you have to have the basic woodshop induction so as soon as you are a member you can get yourself onto the waiting list.

It might seem long but actually you can often get a place depending on who responds to the invitations.

In terms of other machines like planer thicknesser, etc we are preparing inductions but as yet this is more of an ad hoc thing that we do with some members when they have shown some proficiency and are active woodshop users.

Get your membership sorted out and then we can see where you are at and get you up and running…

Thanks, Steve

1 Like

Thanks, Steve.

Ok- all noted.

1 Like