Hi all, I'm Steve

Hi All,

I’ve always loved the idea behind the space and hopefully I’m finally on the path to joining! I’m an avid tinkerer who’s ambitions often far exceed my skills! Currently I’m planning on spraying my kitchen doors white but have no where to do the sanding and prep before I take the plunge in hiring a spray gun and kit. I’m a newbie to paint spraying but have been researching however, if there’s anyone with experience I’d be more than happy to take advice.

cheers
Steve

3 Likes

Hi Steve,

Welcome! Have you checked out our Makerspace yet? You should totally pop in and say hi! We emphasize on being a community and usually people are very happy to offer their advice.

We have an open evening every other week, next one will be Wednesday, November 30th from 7pm-9pm. You’ll get a proper tour and people will be able to respond to all questions membership.

You could also come to one of the other events that are open to all, like electronics night. Not sure if it happens tonight though, usually every Thursday from 7pm-ish till late.

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark

2 Likes

Hey Steve,

Welcome aboard!

Glenn

Hi Mark,

I have been away in Athens for a break so sorry for the late reply but thanks for the welcome. As Covid intervened in my last attempt to join, I haven’t seen the space yet. I’ve put the 30th in the diary and looking forward to it.

cheers
Steve

1 Like

Hi Glenn

many thanks for the welcome

cheers
Steve

Fabulous! Hope, you had a nice trip to Greece!

Looking forward to meeting you at the open evening! You can pop in any time between 7pm and 9pm. We’ll be here and I was told, there might be cake! :cake: :smiley:

Mark

on putting the 30th in the diary I’ve found it clashes with my partner’s graduation ceremony so won’t be able to make it on the 30th. is it possible to pop down during the days/eves before that?

cheers
Steve

No worries, the open evenings happen every other Wednesday, you can check our calendar for the next ones.

If you’d like to come in earlier, usually every Thursday from 7pm onwards is Electronics Night, open for everyone, members and non members. You won’t need a project to work on, just come and hang out and see how things work at our Makerspace. A nymember will be able to show you the Makerspace and all our tools.

If you got any other questions, happy to help!

Mark

many thanks - actually I need to replace the screen on my LG phone so popping in on electronics night might be a good call

cheers
steve

1 Like