Hi all I'm Damian - Induction and contribution

Hi all Makerspacers

I’m Damian.

I just join last week and picked up my fob on Saturday and I’m super keen to start making use of the space and to contribute to the community.

I have a several projects in mind, mostly wood projects and some that will require use of the large wood machines so I will probably need some induction. I also do the odd electronics build so might be interested in getting involved on that side of things too.

What I would like to know is what inductions there are and how do I sign up.

I have a background in photography and still shoot part time so if anyone needs some help with that kind of thing please let me know.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and getting stuck in.

Cheers Damian

Hi Damian, welcome.

I’m a new member too. Signed up a few weeks ago and fortunately got onto one of the woodshop foundation inductions not long after. Have only used the space once so far, but already enjoy being part of the makerspace community. There’s always interesting things going on in the Discourse forums.

The inductions are listed here: https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/c/admin/induction-sessions

Simply edit the posts, adding your name to the bottom. Then wait for an induction to be announced and if you can make it and you’re lucky enough to be one of the top 7-10 people to tick your name, you’ll get a place on the induction.

Hope to see you in the wood shop at some point. Take it easy.

1 Like

Hi Dale

Thanks for getting back to me. Really appreciate it.

Just added my name to the woodshop foundation induction so fingers crossed I won’t have wait too long.

And likewise, looking forward to meeting you at some point.

Cheers

1 Like

Put your name on the list .
I will be doing one this week on a first turn up basis , look out for that post .

As for the big tools , we are still waiting for software for toolscontrol, but we will try to get you on them if you ask me when I am in the space

1 Like

‘Toolscontrol’ - Saw @lewisss mention this. What is it exactly?

So members can switch on the tools they have been inducted on

Will that be linked to your fob or something similar?

Yes on the fob

2 Likes

Thanks Joe