Hey! I'm Reianna ☺️

I’m a graduate product and furniture designer from Kingston School of Art, class of 2021. Having just graduated from a practical degree during a pandemic whereby the 3D workshops were closed for over a year, I am lacking the skills I should have as a graduate of my discipline. I look forward to recouping some of those lost skills here at SLMS. My main focus is on woodworking/CNC but I am also interested to learn all the things I don’t know. I’d really love to learn how to turn on the lathe, how to weld, how to throw on the wheel, and work out how to use my dusty Arduino once and for all.

I recently registered as a company and started my own design practice. I have two concepts that I have been working on and I’m looking to continue research and development of those in greater depth as I plan to take them to market through my practice. The first one is a furniture piece and the second is a redesign of a small appliance. I also have plans to develop a biomaterial in the future. I look forward to prototyping my ideas and seeing them come to fruition here! As for my day job, I work part-time in visitor experience at the Design Museum - more than happy to share free tickets :slight_smile:

I’m excited to be immersed in a thriving creative hub atmosphere, and to join a community of like-minded people. I look forward to boosting my creative network and finding collaborative opportunities, in addition to being able to learn from others and expand my capabilities through being exposed to other creative disciplines. I look forward to getting to know you all :smile: and would also like to meet fellow ADHDers/ND peeps!

4 Likes

Hi Reianna,

Welcome, some free tickets sounds great too, never been to the Design Museum but it’s always been on my list…! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome!

We will be doing a bunch of CNC inductions soon, so kee an eye on that.

Cheers!
Andy

1 Like