Hey I'm Matt, moving from Edinburgh to London soon - restoration, upcycling, junkwood, rPis and ardunios are my thing

Hey I’m Matt,

I’m from Edinburgh and moving to London soon and looking for a makerspace to join, although I’ll be living right next to Blackhorse road membership there is quite expensive and seems to be for small businesses more than hobbyists like me…

I studied product design engineering at uni and have worked as a supervisor for our labs/workshops before looking after 3D printers and lasercutters, I used to be great on Solidworks but it’s been a while now. I’ve also had a bit of experience with arduino and raspberry pis - you can see some of my projects here - https://matthewcarter.co.uk/side-projects/

I’m hoping to build a coatstand and restore and old rocking chair I have brought down with me as my first two projects, provided I’m able to join as a new member :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of Beau Miles on youtube if anyone else is?

2 Likes

Cool, welcome to the community!

Keep your eyes on our Events section and come by for an open evening once you are settled to check out the space!

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like