Hey everyone, I'm Johnty

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a3a1d340> #<Tag:0x00007fa4a3a1d200>

Hi all!

I went to an open day last year and it was great to meet like so many laid back like minded people!

The reason I’m looking to make use of a maker space is to spend my time getting some projects done before I move to Bristol in June for a job. I have plans for a number of projects from electronic gadgets to some art and sculpture pieces.

I’m currently a student enrolled at the open uni studying engineering mathematics and theology.
I transferred there after reading engineering science at Lady Margaret Hall, Ox but ultimately left this year due to ‘creative differences’.

Also, I’m halfway through a 6 week training course toward a level 2 in performing engineering operations. This covers MIG and TIG welding as well as other metalwork including oxyacetylene.

I hope to see y’all at the space in due course!

Johnty

4 Likes

Hi Johnty!

Welcome! This sounds really exciting!
We are actually in the process of getting our metal work area up and running and are working on making the tools more accessible by writing Risk Assesments and Inductions. You’re formal training would be a really bonus here!

We also have an Electronics Night run every Thursday from 7pm which you’re very welcome to attend!

If you would like to join as a member I am sure @directors could get you set up!

1 Like

Hi Johnty,

I’ve sent you a pre-membership survey