Hey everyone! I'm Adam, beyond excited to get involved!

Hi all, my name is Adam, I’m a 22 year old Industrial designer from Brighton, currently working at a design studio in Oval. I’m looking to get more hands on and build some of my furniture and lighting concepts, I’m particularly interested in working with sheet metal and learning how to weld.

I’ve had some experience with 3D printing and I’m also a Certified Solidworks Expert (CAD), having done some complex surfacing projects. So if anyone needs a hand with the design or CAD side of things, feel free to reach out and I’m more than happy to help :slight_smile:

Looking forward to attending the welcome evening and subsequent induction sessions!!

4 Likes

Hi Adam,

Welcome to our community! Sounds you’ll fit right in and you’ll be able to get hands dirty asap.

There should be an Open Evening happening very soon - keep an eye on the calendar and invites should be sent out soon for new memberships. Won’t take long! Currently, everybody is busy bee because of the upcoming South London Maker Festival coming up on 13 May.

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark

2 Likes

See, just popped up in the calendar - the next Open Evening is already this coming Wednesday, 3rd May! If you’re available, come along for a chat and a tour! Any time between 7pm and 9pm will do!

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome Mark,

I’ll see you on Wednesday evening, looking forward to meeting you! I’ll aim to pick up my keyfob on Wednesday evening too :slight_smile:

1 Like