Hey :) David here

Hey everyone. I’m really happy to be joining you all…
I’ve done a variety of “makey” things in the past, including woodwork, electronics, furniture, costumes/clothing, pottery, jewellery/metalwork, [software development]. I should hasten to add that some of this was a long time ago, and I don’t think I was every particularly GOOD at any of them! But I really enjoyed them - hence joining here!
I’m looking forwards to laser cutting, 3d printing, and upping my skills in the woodworking side of things. My partner is quite into arduino and raspberry pi programming, and I’ve got some ideas about improving the general usability of our somewhat automated home. (Increasing its reliability would be nice too - so I don’t have to contact him when he’s off on a business trip to the other side of the world, because kubernetes has crashed and I can’t turn the lights off any more).
I think my direct debit is going to kick into action tomorrow at some point, so I’m thinking of coming down at some point and meeting some of you.
I’m going to go and look for induction sessions to sign up for - and figure out whom to bribe :smile:
Looking forwards to meeting you all!
David

1 Like

Greetings

I’ll be honest I didn’t read all of that but I saw some keywords that interest me. Electronics and software development!

Welcome aboard :smiley:

We have a cool group of electronics nerds that meet up every Thursday which is great and awesome and clearly a good fit for you. No need to be an expert. So don’t hesitate to hang out with us.

2 Likes

Hi David

Welcome to Makerspace, Sounds like we will see you in all the areas of the space then and I look forward to seeing and hearing about what you produce!

I look forward to meeting you!

1 Like

Hi David! I’m interested in most of the thing you mention in your message. I hope we can meet at the space one of this evening and exchange thoughts.
Cheers, Paco

1 Like

Hey Paco… that would be great :slight_smile: