Hello, I'm Kris. Dog mom, designer, and aspiring woodworker

Hey everyone,

I’m Kris and I’ll be moving to London in February after my furniture design program out in Somerset. I am originally from California but have lived in the UK for just under 2 years. I am very excited to be a part of the Makerspace in South London and am especially interested in laser cutting, 3D printing and woodworking :smiley: But am really down for any projects that others want to collaborate on. I would love to get to know other local makers and continue growing my own making skills through experimentation.

Looking forward to meeting y’all.

7 Likes

Welcome to the space! You can allways find a project that needs a hand here, so you won’t be bored if you’re between yours.

1 Like

Hi Kris, welcome!
I’ve joined the space just one month ago and I’m also a designer (industrial designer). Looking forward to meeting you soon! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome fellow Californian (and user of the inclusive y’all)!

Do you have work you’d be willing to share photos of? There’s a lot of keen furniture makers in the space.

4 Likes

Hi Kris,

Welcome to the Maker Space.

Open questions to Californians; do you regret moving to the UK when it’s cold and damp?

Welcome! Now please answer the important question; what sort of dog? Ideally answer with a photo.

1 Like

Awesome, great to hear!

Sweeet! I am actually transitioning from the digital design realm so would be awesome to hear about your industrial design experience :smiley:

1 Like

As for the other responses…

Definitely don’t regret moving to the UK :rofl:
Dog photos and furniture projects attached. :smiley: Only 6 months in so currently in the process of making my first table with intricate joinery and then moving on to a drinks cabinet that I am designing!

8 Likes

Haha amazing as sometimes I think of transitioning to digital! :joy: Let’s catch up soon :blush: