Hello, I'm Jeremy - Design Researcher and Treehouse builder

I have just become a member, very excited to become part of the Makerspace community and super keen to get started.

About me: I straddle two worlds - I have worked in digital/software/website world for many years, but really I love to make and with a past in furniture making I’ve started a business building treehouses and garden hideaways - inspired by my 3 kids love of adventures.

I also have some personal woodworking projects on, and am in need of a dusty space to work and some larger machines, so very excited by the workshop space.

Hope to meet you soon

Hi Jeremy - just joined too - have you seen the work of these guys? http://www.blueforest.com/ They have inspired me to get busy and am looking (in no huge rush) for some space to build one - I may have a spot with 3 lovely old walnut trees and want to start thinking about the design - anyway - I would be really interested to see any projects you have going. Best, Geo

Hey Geo. Sounds great - where are your walnut trees? Yes I know the Blue Forest guys - they do some lovely stuff - quite high end (they did the Centre Parcs ones which are full apartments with jacuzzis etc). I am working my way up to that market :slight_smile:, though happy to be in the more affordable family garden treehouse space at the moment. Love to chat about your designs. My website is here www.rootandshoot.co.uk with some previous projects. I’m doing a hobbit hole in a couple of weeks for a change, will post some pictures. Give me a shout when you are planning to be in the space and we can do a design session!

Sounds good - I will try and me in a day or so next week - the tree’s / space I have an eye on is in Kent outside Canterbury - not sure it will work out there but I keep looking for a spot and am bound to find one one of these days - love to hear about the hobbit hole

Sounds great, I bet you find a lovely spot for one
I am hopefully getting woodwork induction this Sunday and am planning on being in the space on Tuesday (23rd), shout if you are around at all then
Cheers!

Promised photos of the hobbit house project I built a couple of months ago - was a really fun one

Hope you are good @Geo and you are having fun making plans, give us a shout if you want to discuss them

4 Likes

Sorry been out for th summer - that looks a great project! How’s it all come out?