Hello I'm Adam

I’m Adam, I came to the open day the week before last, have a number of interests/projects I’d like to pursue at Makerspace.

I’ve had a bit of a go an instrument making, specifically Ukuleles, with (very) limited success, have some cigar box guitars and a diddley bow project I’d like to complete at Makerspace, including putting together the wiring looms for electric pick-ups, though I currently have zero soldering skills.

I’ve done a bit of 3D printing, I have a Lulzbot at home, happy to share what I’ve learnt, keen to learn more. Would like to become more proficient at CAD so that I can design things that I’d like to print.

Coming back from a knee injury, but am a keen cyclist and even keener tinkerer with bicycles, longer term would like to try my hand at frame building and building a cargo bike. Have built wheels in the past and have a wheel truing stand and spoke tension gauge I could lend to Makerspace if others wanted to have a go at wheel building. Happy to share what I know, though wouldn’t claim to be a particularly skilled (or quick) wheel builder.

Also getting back into photography, particularly keen to experiment with the Impossible Project’s new Polaroid/Instant film material. I have a daylab I want to hack to print 600 film material from 35mm slides.

So those are some of my interests and immediate projects I’d like to work on.

Hi Adam,
A warm welcome to the space from another cyclist. We just bought a stand so times are good, plus we have tools.
I’m sure you’ll meet a few like minded people at the space.
Kind regards,
Daniel