Hello I’m Gilbert, new and only mildly afraid

Hello, I’ve just signed up after years of inaction on finally doing so, waiting for my direct debit to go through and to hopefully pick up my fob this weekend.

Currently interested in learning how to repair things (blown speaker power supply top of the list currently) and in making an art project involving a balloon and some neopixels.

My background is in graphic design, I’ve spent far too long in dark rooms and doing screen printing and I know a little bit about textiles and clothes making.

Hoping to meet people who can teach me about the electronics and woodworking side of things.

I also work in Herne Hill market on Sundays so feel free to come and say hello on the juice stall if you’re around.

1 Like

Hi Gilbert, don’t be afraid , no one bites at the electonics nights :wink: feel free to join us :slight_smile:

Hi Gilbert, don’t be afraid, we’re all very nice and many of us have no expertise in the areas we are interested in but are merrily making it up as we go along. Have you come down to the space yet? There is often stuff to help out with during or before the Wednesday open evenings.

I haven’t yet because I made a mix up and got my direct debit date wrong! Hopefully it’s going through this week and I’ll be an actual member.

1 Like

Great - welcome to Makerspace!