Hello, I’m Dorine and my daughter is Sabrina

I run a small kids makerspace with my daughter in Kent and created and ran the youthZone at the London Mozilla festival. We are hoping to be returning to Catford next summer for my daughters senior schooling. We have an amount of gear and toys ranging from a rolling mill to a glowforge and I’m looking for a space that might welcome us and be happy to let us host some kids friendly maker content and regular Design and Technology GCSE workshops.

Any suggestions, recommendations and ideas would be most welcome :slight_smile:

Hey! I recently moved in Kent, I’m in Erith, it doesn’t seem like that there is anything around here but if you find any maker related association, please let me know :slight_smile:

Welcome to Kent Andrea it’s a lovely county. It’s a bit devoid of actual makerspaces. There is a growing number of “Creative co working spaces” with individuals like me that have our own toys ;). University of Kent does have a makerspace, Margate has a kind of space called the Geekery where you can rent desks space and that gives access to the toys at a price… Cambridge makerspace on meetup.com is supper interesting as they went full on virtual makerspace. We converted one of our downstairs rooms into a workshop to house the toys, upside of a house in Kent Vs. a flat in Catford where we will have to sacrifice our living room to house the workshop :frowning:

1 Like

Yup, converted my second bedroom in a lab as well but the carpet it’s pushing the capacity of it! But at least the 3D printers can run overnight !

Glad to know I have makers around, are you planning to come to visit the makerspace soon?

This sounds like a lovely idea! I’d love to know if I can help!
@directors, thoughts?

1 Like

I second this, I’m happy to help too

1 Like

I currently run our Catford flat as an AirBnB so could pop in after cleaning and making things ready for guests; really depends on when the space is open and car parking options :wink:

1 Like

Hi, :smiley: a nice guy called Carl is in Herne bay and thinking about getting a makerspace there he owns the 3D shop in herne bay and is a really nice chap to talk too

1 Like