Hello! -- Henry Ere

I’m a streetfood & farmers market trader who in a past life was a programmer for 1/4 of a century.
Now I indulge my obsession with designing and making cool stuff for my stall. Current obsession is cnc machines. Look forward to meeting and creating with fellow makers!

H

Hello HenryEre!

Welcome to MakerSpace. There is a cnc machine but I’m not sure who are the techs leading it. Lots of programmers here who you will get on with you well. You will find them both quickly, so excuse my lack of introductions.

Food. Yes. Please, bring us lovely things to eat - what’s your street food?Do you trade in South London? I love farmers markets, get my veg and Sunday dinner things every week from Brixton or Herne Hill market to keep me healthy.

Most regular night is Electronics, every Thursday from 7-9 ish, and everyone there will point you in the right direction to what you would like to design for your stall.

MakerSpace has been built from the ground up by it’s members, literally pulled from the rubble, it’s an amazing feat. Grass roots n all that.

Look forward to meeting you Henry.

Jackie :slight_smile:

Henry, that’s a monkey on yer head!

Hi Jackie,

Nice one, thanks for your kind welcome! I’m really happy to have found makerspace, only 20 mins away too. Im reading the cnc manual now.

I do the best darn cheese toasties on the planet, no lie! Currently do Horniman museum, Woolwich RARE, Tonbridge, West norwood feast, Reigate markets plus festivals.

I’m gonna try and drop in thursday to say hello. Hoping to go Friday too to see laser cutter in action with new rotary attachment.

Likewise looking forward to meeting,

Henry

Lol, yes an Amazonian Wooly monkey took a shine to me. He & I are a bit older now - so dont be surprised! I really suppose I should update my profile pic!

Oh yeah? Best darn cheese toasties. On the planet! Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah, look forward to that :boom: for sure. Nothing better than mine though …

I live in West Norwood and go to the Feast regularly. I volunteered for a while when I first moved here. It’s a brilliant thing. Will you be there at the next one? Which will be 5th March? Haven’t got the email update yet.

Yes, come along on Thursday if you can, otherwise see you there soon.

Jackie

In the Amazon?

I have established from this thread that Henry will be making cheese toasties for us all to try. Possibly with help from a monkey. Correct me if I am wrong…but I know I am not wrong.

2 Likes

Soz for delayed reply. WN Feast connection - cool. Next one is first sunday of April. Im thinking of going to makerspace this evening.

Mmmm, yes Henry Ere may well be making tropical cheese toasties :laughing:

Does that mean you will be at WN Feast on 1st April? That’d be cool, then I can try the best darn cheese toasties on the planet with a coffee for brekkie, yeay :cheese: :+1:

Not in MakerSpace tonight, hope you enjoy if you are.

Hey Henry, you doing the feast tomorrow?

Hi Jackie, sure am. Just walk out your front door and follow the melty raclette aroma! youll find me in the gardens in front of the Church.