Hello from new member John!

I found the space by dumb luck Googling around, went to an open evening and signed up straight away.
I’ve loved working with my hands since I was lucky enough to have woodwork classes at school. I’m a reasonably competent weekend warrior with wood, and want to take things to the next level. I’ve collected quite a few hand tools over the years and am looking forward to using some of them for the intended purpose rather than have them gathering rust!
I’m trying to get signed up for a woodshop induction but (like Benji) can’t get to the sign up list because of persistent error messages. That could be me, however, since I have an allergic relationship with interwebthingystuff. Assuming I can get over that hurdle I can’t wait to get making sawdust!
My favourite Youtuber - Paul Sellers
My favourite “workshop” - Monet’s studio at Giverney or the boatyard near where I grew up
My favourite handtool - my stubby 2" apron chisel from the (now sadly defunct) Wimbledon car boot sale
My biggest indulgence - Fine Woodworking subscription
See you soon
John

1 Like

Hi John,

Make sure you link your discourse account by going to https://members.southlondonmakerspace.org/profile/discourse

Then, when your first payment clears, you’ll be able to edit the waiting lists and see the members-only areas here.

Welcome!

Thank you Tom - my payment cleared a week ago. I can get into the discourse, but when I try to click through to the waiting list I get “access denied.”
Like I said, I have 2 left feet when it comes to the internet (does that even work as a figure of speech??) I will keep trying.
John

You need to link it to your membership, so that Discourse knows you’re a paid member. Follow the link in my previous message :slight_smile:

Hi John,

You appear to have a different Discourse username entered in the membership system – this would account for not being able to see the members area

Oh, and welcome to Makerspace!

Thank you very much for that. I’d changed my profile name and not realised this would mess thinks up. Now sorted and I think I have successfully added my name to the waiting list.
J

2 Likes