Hello everyone - I'm Emmanuel

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49ab23450> #<Tag:0x00007fa49ab232c0> #<Tag:0x00007fa49ab23180> #<Tag:0x00007fa49ab23018>

Joined last month but haven’t yet made it in. Hope to come by for the first time on Thursday evening for the weekly electronics session, not the least because of my first project for the space: I need to convert an ATX power supply to run a computing cluster that I’ve been building for my Ltd.

My soldering skills are effectively nil, but I have lots of experience in other areas because I was active in the UCL Institute of Making for almost two years. For example:

• I modelled and printed hard-to-find replacement parts for my garage door using Blender and an Ultimaker 3; and
  • I used Adobe Illustrator and a Universal Laser Cutter (VLS 4.60) to make acrylic Christmas ornaments, paper-thin wooden visiting cards, and etched pictures on marble.

Once I get over my immediate need around electronics, I’d like to do some more fun projects using the laser cutter. And maybe some sewing!

Happy to trade my skills around data science, analytics and computing with anyone in need of them.

Look forward to spending time with you all in the space!

Best wishes

Emmanuel

3 Likes

Hi Emmanuel, welcome to Makerspace!