๐Ÿ‘‹ Hello, Anna here

Hello hello,

Extremly excited to be able to join Makerspace :tada:

Iโ€™m a software developer by day and knitter / electronics ethusiast / music newbie by night.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out all the tools (:eyes: looking at you laser cutter and MIG welder) during open day next week.

See you around,
Anna

6 Likes

Hi Anna!

Welcome! Definitely come to the open evening, but also donโ€™t miss these events if you would like, they seem to match your interests!

Monthly Textiles Night:

Weekly Electronics Night (Hasnโ€™t been posted yet but is usually on)
Thursdays 7pm

2 Likes

Hi Anna,

We definitely have a lot of great tools that are fun to play with :grinning:

Looking forward to meeting you next Wednesday and we can give you a tour of all the toys :laughing:

Amazing, thank you both :slight_smile:

Hi Anna

Iโ€™m looking for a C++ developer for our net zero heating project weโ€™ve just got funding for, which uses an ESP8266 with some very snazzy sensors to do some absolutely amazing stuff. Let me know if youโ€™re interested :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing you around

Vince

Hi Anna,

Welcome to the space!

Glenn

Hey Anna,

We are gathering fo the electronics night tonight!

come join us!

1 Like

Hey @emuboy,

Canโ€™t make it tonight but planning to drop in next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi vincea

May I ask about this net zero heating project? I also work on something similar that uses plasma in a vacuum, powered by microwaves.

1 Like

Wow, that sounds super cool!

Also, donโ€™t bring it to the space :joy:

Hi Arnold

Thanks for the message. Loving the shared interest in net zero :slight_smile:

My project is an ESP controlled lightweight solar tracking reflector (basically a solar light with a telescopic umbrella opening up a flat reflective mylar sheet, embarrassingly similar to bits from poundland!). It should be very low cost to mass produce, but can survive worse weather and last longer than the current expensive reflectors you see around a solar tower power station in the desert - as the ESP can see any bad weather approaching online and close the reflector before it hits.

Iโ€™d love to hear more about your microwave project, sounds fascinating :slight_smile: Feel free to give me a call on 07599 663 800

Cheers

Vince

Microwaves are non ionising so despite the bad rap its fairly safe. But sure this will not be my first project at the space.

1 Like

Few years ago I was experimenting with microwave ovens and lots of objects due to geometric proportion ignite as plasma, turned out by using vacuum the process can be accelerated. Plasma has several beneficial properties. First of all it is clean, barely any side product occurs, then it is very hot 2-3000 Celsius degree and can easily turn water into steam which can turn a turbine generating electricity while using household waste (which we all select in vain ) everything gets dumped together and shipped to Poland or Thailand.
Soapstone can withstand that temperature and also be able to store access heat for long time. Lately lots of people are looking for lowering their energy bill while at the same time seeking net zero solutions so I though this would be a good idea :slight_smile:
Thermodynamic is my passion today we can cool and heat without any added external energy canโ€™t wait to show you how :slight_smile:

Moslty joking, Iโ€™m sure you know what are you doing and Iโ€™m more worried about the high voltage then any radiative harm

High voltage is kept under control. Guess my ball lighting generator is not welcome either lol
I can also make great pickles and pizza just to get myself introduced :slight_smile: and I promise will not bring anything too crazy for a while, how about some lamp shade for starter?

1 Like

Welcome to the SLMS :smiley:

1 Like