Hello Andrew here ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ

Hi all,

I joined the space this week and am looking to get inducted to the woodworking space, in particular the lathe as I would like to get started on some projects asap, but would like to use all machinery in time. How do I go about booking onto inductions? Also how would I find out about welding inductions?

Lastly, how do I find out when the workshops will be open? Currently I am looking to use it on Mondays and Saturdays, can I just assume it will be open?

Best,
Andrew

2 Likes

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the SLMS community!

If you havenโ€™t checked out this post, I highly recommend:

The calendar is your friend - members with shutter access will usually make a booking and you can then see when the space will be open.

Since youโ€™re a keen woodworker, get yourself asap on the basic woodshop induction list. Donโ€™t worry, it looks long but there are a lot of inductions happening pretty much every week, so it wonโ€™t take very long to get a spot. They usually work on a first come, first serve policy - so check Discourse regularly!

After the basic induction, you can get trained on the lathe or tablesaw or whatever you prefer.

Also sign up to the Lasercutter and 3D Printing inductions - good fun and super usefullโ€ฆ or CNC, Metalwork :slight_smile: All that good stuff.

Hope, that got you started and happy making!

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for this information, unfortunately I am unable to access the induction page everytime I try it says that I donโ€™t have the authorisation to access it. It is the same for the calendar I am unable to see anything that is happening. Do you know how I can get this changed?

Best,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I guess the Discourse user privileges havenโ€™t cought up. Let me tag @welcome to make sure this will be fixed asap.

Give it a couple of hours and you should be good to go!

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark

Hi @andrewuren! Sorry, takes a bit for the systems to sync up - try now!?

1 Like

Amazing, thank you both, it is working now

1 Like