Hello All

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4977e0c78> #<Tag:0x00007fa4977e0ac0> #<Tag:0x00007fa4977e08b8> #<Tag:0x00007fa4977e0750>

Hello All,

I’m Stewart, an industrial designer at heart, but I dabble in a bunch of mediums.
I am currently working in lighting design but have a solid 2 years experience in 3D printing and CAD.

I was at the space last night (7/6/2017) for the open evening and signed up, so I should be around the space at the weekend when everything clears. :slight_smile:
I used to be part of the Bethnal Green Hackspace however I moved house and was looking for something closer to home.

I’m happy to give lessons on 3D Printing or CAD design if anybody is interested (or repair broken machines…), but I want to get to know the space a little first and whats possible etc.

Hopefully speak to you soon.

• Stewart
1 Like

Hi Stewart, welcome to Makerspace!

Any Idea on how long it takes for the direct debit to clear?
It has yet to show up in my bank balance and I would like to put my name down onto inductions.
Fidgets haha

According to our records, you don’t have a direct debit set up at all…

Go to https://members.southlondonmakerspace.org/profile/direct-debit and tell me what you see.

Thanks for the link, didn’t see the other stuff i needed to finish, doing that now.
The direct debit isn’t complete, however when i did it the other night at the space I received this in an email.

You have the Mandate set up but not the Subscription
(ie. you’ve authorised us to take your money, but not said what you want us to take yet!)

:joy: Sorry!
Ill get it to give you my money soon!

When i typed it in at the space it went through ok and i got that email, but the page it loaded after was blank so i thought it was finished.

We had some hiccups with the membership system that day, so it might be related to that. Let me know when you’ve done all you can and I’ll double check to make sure it’s all ok :slight_smile:

I get as far as confirming the details and then I get a 502 bad gateway on the next page. I never actually get to the option of setting up an amount to give you…

I can grab screenshots if it helps?

Yikes, you now have 3 gocardless accounts! (but still no subscription)

I think @jonathanjo and @unknowndomain need to look into this, as it’s a bit outside my comfort zone…

1 Like

In the mean time, you could pay for your first month by bank transfer or cash if you like?

1 Like

Hi Tom – I’ll look at this with other Tom @unknowndomain when we’re working on the membership system tomorrow.

Hi Stewart – sorry for any inconvenience.

All best,
J.

2 Likes

Thank you, can you send me the bank deets and i will get money sent later tonight/tomorrow?

I’m investigating, but I am not allowed access to the server any more so it’s hard for me to fix it properly, I’m waiting for server logs now.

The 502 error is because it’s crashing the membership system, I just don’t know why.

The issue has been identified it’s an undocumented change in the GoCardless API which was sending {} to them in the GET body, but it’s not yet fixed.

Thanks All,

Let me know when it’s sorted and i will set up a DD for the membership.
In the meantime I have just manually paid into the account that @tomnewsom sent me details across for.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

The system is now fixed @Turnip-Stew

Thanks Tom,

Shall I try again and set up a 4th GOCardless account? Or, is there a way to use one of the previous ones?

I also paid £20 into the account manually, can I pick up a door tag today/tomorrow and use that code on my membership profile?

Cheers

@tomnewsom could copy your mandate id from GoCardless via the admin interface, and then you can just add the subscription to it, and he can cancel the other three mandates for you.

As for the tag there appears to have been people in the space all night as the shutter wasn’t closed and no one has been in or out so yes you should be able to get a tag.