Headphone Stand

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49db3d050> #<Tag:0x00007fa49db3cec0> #<Tag:0x00007fa49db3cce0>

Nice! I can’t see the picture tho! Try readding with the upload button…

@asander1 Fixed

Cool, yeah looks longer in the ad… but thats ok, plenty to work with!

Paul - ‘Forward Metals’ might have brass strip close to the dimensions you were thinking of, and they just cut to length - for example: 2" x 1/8" x 500mm (apols for mixed units!) comes up on their website at £14.77 + VAT. Loads of other sizes.
Haven’t used them for ages, so don’t recall what the postage was.

www.forwardmetals.co.uk

(I’m new here: are we allowed to post links in discourse? Apologies if not…)

Perhaps you could cut some wooden formers to bend it around? Might be a bit of trial and error involved

EDIT: Oops… just noticed that you’d already bought some material…

3 Likes

Yes - no worries, thanks for sharing! Turns out these things were smaller than they appeared so he may need more materials!

1 Like

You gonna need a dividing table for that pattern. I found the files for 3d printing a rotary table, and dividing plates(we can lasercut the plates too), we just need to sheperd the printers for a day or two until they print it out. mount it on a big wedge on a plank and put it under the bandsaw) We can make some support for bending out of scrap wood and pipes laying around, and I have a couple polished hammers I can chuck in my backpack when your’re forming it. ( plus we have a set of sheetworking hammers too) I would use the claws to hold the headphone so we just need to bend that round bar ( is it solid?) and cut a thread on it for mounting. walnut is hard enough to cut a thread in it.

1 Like

@Gergo_Dala I’ve got a few ideas a well, would love a chat with you about it and will definitely require your help. I’ll bring the pieces in next time I’m in

@TonyP thanks for the link, that is very useful

Another idea would be to cnc the base profile and a half angle jig and still side cut the flats. No 3D contouring on the cnc or dividing head required.

Thats you’re cup of tee, I’m painfully analogue in fabrication sometimes :rofl: btw can we drill a set of concentric holes in mild steel on the cnc?

1 Like

No steel unfortunately and both machines are relatively high speed/low torque so are happier milling rather than drilling (with some caveats for small drills).

1 Like

Thatbwad theboriginal plan, layout on paper, double sided tape, punch and drill a lot😆

I’ve done some CNC marking if that interests you :slight_smile:

That would be great! I’m planning to make a pin vice like this ( just with a left-right threded locking bar to keep the weight down.

Sorry for offing the headphone stand I’ll be down next weekend

Oof. That looks like a DRO job to me…
How precise are you going? Do the holes have to be reamed?
I am thinking about building an automatic center punch holder for the big CNC :slight_smile: Need to do some force measurements first

than we have a test piece! on the engraving vices they sort the holes like this:

It’s to hold random shaped stuff with pins so hand and divider accuracy is enough, they made these the same way in the back of the workshop, thats why the 2 screw solution. I purchased an m8 left handed tap and die so it’ll work like the ball