Have an IoT application and want to know how to turn it into a business?

We’ve been contacted by Feodora at UCL

They’re running an IOT course in April aimed at SMEs

Here’s the gist of the email:

we’re holding an Internet of Things short course during April. I wanted to offer it to London based people and businesses, and go outside the usual ‘Shoreditch Tech City’ scene. This is a pilot of the course, so super cheap, and we also have an early bird offer on for people who apply before the end of March. Would you be able to promote it to your members?

The UCL Internet of Things Academy

If you have an idea for an IoT application and want to know how to turn it into a business, IoTA will help you refine your product and plan your start up. A broad introduction to the Internet of Things, this course covers the landscape of connected devices, drilling into the key questions you’ll need to think about before launching. Through the ERDF CASTS programme, we’re able to provide a deep dive introduction to emerging technologies for SMEs hoping to take advantage of rapidly developing research to grow their businesses.

Sessions are delivered by industry professionals who share the insights you can’t get from a text book or a blog, and by academics at the cutting edge of computer science and electronic engineering research. In addition to learning the fundamental knowledge needed to build a business model around IoT, you’ll join a community of people working in one of the most important technology areas for the next decade.

Applicants can register their interest here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/introduction-to-emerging-technologies-the-internet-of-things-academy-tickets-43779303074

There are free places for London based SMEs who are new applicants to CASTS.

Apologies if this is not of interest, but I thought you might have some hardware people who’d be interested!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Many Thanks,

Feodora

I’m happy to pass on Feodora’s details if anyone wants to pursue this