Happy New Year everyone, I'm Callum

Hi everyone, I’m Callum and I am a carpenter and welder for theatre and events. I live in a third floor flat, so I find it hard to make my own projects, so I’m looking forward to having a space to work in and develop my skills.

I’m mainly interested in making furniture and useful objects for the home, but I’d love to be able to think about incorporating some electronics into my work. I’ve had a smart mirror in the back of my head for a while.

If anyone ever needs any carpentry or metal work help please give me a shout! I’ll be more than happy to help if I can.

I’ll be down tonight to meet people, so I look forward to meeting you all!

3 Likes

Hi Callum! Welcome to SLMS!

Yes I was in the same boat in a 2 bedroom flat and the space is perfect for that situation! Plus lots of other interesting people working on cool projects is always good…

See you around,
Cheers,
Andy

Hi Callum, welcome to the space. I’m Ed, and I’m one of the woodtechs. Always looking for more experienced bodies to help run things if you’re up for it - drop me a line!

Hi Ed, I’m definitely up for helping however I can. When would be a good evening this week to come down and get inducted on the wood shop tools? I’d like to use the shop at the weekend if possible. Thanks :slight_smile: