RESCHEDULED: Hand tools meetup #3 Sunday Nov 11th 12:00-3pm

October 8th, 4.30pm good for everyone?

I’m spoon making 10am-4pm in brockwell park, happy for you guys to start earlier if it helps with folks weekend schedules.

I bought some nice metal tools at car boot sale, along with a wooden bench plane for £3, which I dropped and broke the handle : (

Inspired by @twm I bought a Ryoba saw…and still daydream how it cut some poplar poles so cleanly!

Twm, I’ll bring in the Wenge , think we can can or 3 shoulder planes out of it.

If there’s anyone who youbthink would be good to invite to give a demo, say from list of exhibitors at European Wood Fair , mention them here and who knows maybe we can make it happen.

1 Like

I would like to come. At the moment I can make it.

1 Like

Thanks Af, please reserve the wenge! Unfortunately I’m away for 2 weeks in october so wont be able to make it. But i’d love to get some home made tools done by christmas.

Sorry @Beth the 9th didnt happen, totally slipped my mind.

@Twm and I will be there Sunday 29th…we’re going to make a start to make hand planes from a wenge board and hopefully go over some Japanese handtools goodies Twm will have brought back from his recent trip to Japan!

I’m also going to bring in some Sweedish tools I picked up at car boot sale and some spokeshaves off ebay.

Your welcome to join us, as is everyone.

1 Like

Where does everyone get all these nice tools?!

Sorry I can’t make it. But also not sorry because I’m flying to Budapest for a holiday instead!

Great spas! Enjoy!

Check out their flea markets, bet they’ll have some good secondhand tools!

1 Like

Japan if you’re lucky to get to go!

ebay…bit of lottery as cant handle them or see the blades/edges too well.

Car boot sales…there’s an amazing one on the A3 near Guildford, starts April again.

1 Like

Group outing in April?

1 Like

was just thinking the same!

1 Like

This of the sort of thing you get in Tokyo flea market!
Lots of rusty planes too.

2 Likes

I should be able to make this one! What time is it going to be starting?

Hi Erik,

I hope to be in for an hour or so sometime between 1-3pm.

It’s a bit patchy as have a car issue that someone is coming over to help with, but they haven’t said exactly when.

We might do another handtools group in the next week or two as this week a few people are unavailable.

yes, i’d be up for another day in the next few weeks.

New date: Saturday 11th Nov, 12-3pm.

@erik sorry I could not make it today. By time AA came and towed the car away it was 3pm.

No worries. I should be able to make the 11th as well!

1 Like