Got wood? If not we could be of assistance

Good morning lumber seakers, @Julia and I are planning a trip out to http://www.chilterntimber.co.uk/ to obtain such lumber and wondered if anyone wanted to go in on an order that we can bring back from our Northern lumber Quest.

I’ve purchased lumber from them before and I’ve found it good value for money, have a look and let us know.

4 Likes

When are you planning on going? I won’t be back for a week, but was planning on getting a bunch of beech for a project.

1 Like

We are still coming up with a date, probably next week

Also, I’m trying to size out my project; if I want boards with a final thickness of 30mm and 40mm, would getting 38mm and 50mm sawn boards be adequate, or should I plan for more wastage?

Not sure of the project, but 8 and 10mm wastage sounds like quite a lot to me

1 Like

Can you get me 0.9 or Cherry PSE 20 x 169mm pls? Should be about 18. Or should I “order for pickup”?

1 Like

i have a big wood order to make, like 80kg worth. Should I go ahead and put in a pickup order?

Sorry guys, I’ve been snowed under with work. Let me try to firm up a date with @Julia, I feel the best thing to do would be to put in some pickup orders when we know the date (however I think they do want a couple of day lead time) also I have no idea of the dimensions of Julia’s car so that will effect the size we can haul

@Julia will a 2.4 or 3m board fit in your car?

Hi, I can fit a 2.4m piece into my car but just about. And can’t be wider then 10cm…

Ah ok. I might just do a delivery to the space then.

1 Like

Do they have walnut, peach and ebony under 80x250mm and briar in pipe sized blocks?

1 Like

I’d be curious to go, still planning out my project though

Oh! Am I too late for this? If you’re placing an order for delivery to the space I would love to get some Cherry wood!