Goodbye and Thank you!

Hello dear makers! I’m officially back in the United States. :woozy_face:

I wanted to say an official goodbye and a very big THANK YOU to everyone who was so welcoming at the space. I came to the UK knowing absolutely no one, and SLMS came to be a very special home away from home. I miss it immensely already.

I’m tempted to start tagging people, but with all the wonderful makers who I’ve met and worked with, I think that list could get out of hand real quick. Thanks to the welcome committee, the makers’ festival crew, the usual day time makers, my circular fashion friends, and especially all my textiles buds! You’re the best! :heart:

If any of you use instagram, I’m on there as @l_mccune and/or @lommmiller and would love to keep in touch. Also, for any of you who walked by and saw me painting, here are the finished quilts-- definitely the biggest projects of my time at SLMS.

Thank you again and love to you all!

19 Likes

Dear Lauren,

Best of luck for your future endeavours - I really enjoyed meeting you and thank you for being such a nice person. Take good care.

And if you ever come and visit London again, give us a shout if your time allows for it. There will be cake! :heart:

Mark

2 Likes

Thanks Mark! I will definitely come to the space when I visit London again. I will hold you to cake!

2 Likes

Hey Lauren,

Very sad news to see you leaving! Thanks for sharing so much with us, the energy and the support you brought to the space!

Good luck with this new chapter of life, you will always have friends in London:)

2 Likes

Hi Lauren,:smiley: Im sorry that you are parting ways with all of us, you will be missed greatly. However if you want to keep up with my projects (my madness lol ) you can catch up with me on instagram (scificreatureguy ). Keep well and thank you for all your input and help at the space. Brian D=

1 Like

So sorry I didn’t see you before you left! All the best with your future textile adventures - we already miss you in our little corner of the space.
Tracy

2 Likes

Noooo! Happy trails and "see you around! " :slight_smile:

PS where in the states?

1 Like

Hi Lauren! It was lovely to meet you and share some great projects together! Thank you all your contributions to textiles and every else! But most of all you’ve been a wonderful addition to the Makerspace! Always fun to chat with and great to see your ideas coming to life!

I will miss your smiley face!

1 Like

Amazing quilts! I’ll see you when you come back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks all!! :heart:

@platinumnqueen22 followed! Can’t wait to see what all you come up with!

@TracyD I’m so sorry we missed each other! I really wish I could have come to your sashiko craft night. Looks like it went great! I’m missing the little corner as well! :heart:

@Amit_Kohli I’ll be in the Hudson Valley area, just a couple hours north of NYC. Anyone is welcome to hit me up if you find yourself in the area.

@Julia you and @Kyle were the first people O met at the space. Thank you for instantly making me feel at home. :heart: Thank you for all your help and everything you’ve supported with textiles as well. You’re the best!

5 Likes

So sad to see you go! I always knew I’d find a great big smile and creative project when you were in. Thanks for making our community a better place!

3 Likes

Great to meet you Lauren, best of luck with future things, always a big positive vibe from you at the space :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lauren,

It was great meeting you!! Best of luck, and next time you’re in London let us all know!!

2 Likes

Lauren, you are a star! Looking forward to meeting more people like you at the space, and I know I’ll miss your positive vibe around the space. Enjoy your new New York adventures and happy quilting!

3 Likes

No way! I lived near Albany for about a decade! Know that whole area well. I just might see you around! Anyway, happy trails, you’ll be missed.

1 Like

It was great meeting you.

We enjoyed the repair course. Thank you for taking the time to share the knowledge.

Hope you the best in your new adventures. xoxo :smiley:

1 Like