Go on, go on, go...vernance -Meeting 7pm TONIGHT (22/10/17)

Can’t make any of the dates below? Post on this thread to say you’re interested in being involved, and we’ll make sure you get the opportunity!

There was fantastic passion in the last member’s meeting when we discussed elements of our governance - such as who should be able to stand as a Director, and who should be eligible to vote. The Governance Group would really like to expand and get input from more members on some really fundamental ideas about how SLMS should organise itself for the future.
We’re planning a meeting to review our 5 current proposals - and then to develop some further ideas. No experience necessary - all opinions equally welcome!
If you’d like to be involved, then please complete the poll below, so that we can find a good time to meet. Thanks!

• Sat 21st Oct - Day
  • Sat 21st Oct - Eve
  • Sun 22nd Oct - Day
  • Sun 22nd Oct - Eve
  • Mon 23rd Oct - Eve
  • Tues 24th Oct - Eve
  • Weds 25th Oct - Eve
  • Thurs 26th Oct - Eve
  • Fri 27th Oct - Eve
  • Sat 28th Oct - Day
  • Sat 28th Oct - Eve
  • Sun 29th Oct - Day
  • Sun 29th Oct - Eve

0 voters

Also, there’ll be biscuits!

I’d like to be there but I can’t attend any of these dates as I’m busy until November

1 Like

Oops, should have added “Not available on those dates” to the bottom of the poll. Discourse is telling me I can’t change it now, but that an @moderators might be able to… Could someone have a go? Thank you!

I don’t think it can be edited because the voting has started

I think for this one members can let you know below the line. In fairness it’s really a poll trying to find the most people who can make it to those dates, not a date when everyone can attend.

I think the reason the members meeting engaged so well could be because we had real world situations to try some of the proposals against?

This may be the way forward: trials and discussions based on real decisions and situations, plus working through hypothetical scenarios? Personally this would flesh out the ideas much better for me.

If a proposal can demonstrate clear advantages it’s likely to gain support

I’ve read the proposals several times now, and have a bunch of thoughts, but so far there hasn’t been a route to share these reactions -– though I might have missed it? So I’m very pleased to see a consultation opening.

3 Likes

I’ve updated the OP to ask people to post on this thread if they are interested but not available.

If you’ve got feedback on the proposals, then please do post it on their thread. We’re keen to stimulate engagement with this topic in any (constructive) form. If/when we can get some people in a room, the discussions are very much based on specific scenarios - so perhaps we can bring some of those examples into the proposals. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you @TomHedges for all that work you are putting into this!

Do you have a cut-off date for this?
I ticked plenty of times for this weekend, but family would like to make some plans around me
:slight_smile:

(The same will apply for next weekend, but they know me well enough not to nag until about middle of the week, and then I can usually hold them off for another day ;)

1 Like

let us know when this is fixed please - i will try and make it (seems like it will be a good way to meet members)

Will aim to confirm the slot later today - just trying to pin down some other plans first.

OK, so evening of this Sunday 22nd looks good - any objections to 7-8.30pm?
Anyone who has shown any interest on this thread will be invited to join future discussions, so that everyone had an opportunity to be involved.

works for me!

i guess as i am new - i cannot access the proposal docs - will there be printed copies?

Hi Ben,
You’ll get access to the member-only content in discourse once your first payment clears… I’ll send you a private message with the contents for now…

1 Like

Just a reminder - meeting at 7pm tonight, in the Space!

how did you know?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like