Foobar

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse feugiat, felis eget eleifend porta, mi mi iaculis quam, sit amet pharetra ante massa sed magna. Morbi vulputate augue quis nibh cursus sed accumsan massa sodales. Aenean nec aliquet leo. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Morbi eget pharetra tellus. Donec vitae rutrum justo.

Curabitur semper, diam id congue dapibus, dolor nulla hendrerit urna, vitae commodo nulla orci eu neque. Sed eros lacus, sollicitudin ut ornare vitae, fermentum eget orci. Morbi dictum nibh et lectus suscipit pharetra vitae et ipsum.

I agree with your proposal and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

1 Like

@tomnewsom a wise move!

Just, trying to at why the blog category isn’t appearing within the WordPress Discourse page. Don’t suppose you’d have any insights?

How about now?

Great stuff. The plugin pulls from https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/categories.json https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/categories.json. So I am guessing it was tied to where the Blog category wasn’t appearing on the homepage.

Thanks for looking at that so quickly on a Sunday evening.

1 Like

I turned that off deliberatly.

No problem, you can switch if off again if you like. I can see everything is working now, just some styling left to do for the comments within WordPress

IMO, the category should be visible, so that

1. The wp article gets decent comments
  2. Anyone who is therefore encouraged to make their own comment will end up seeing the rest of the forum

Totally agree @tomnewsom.
@unknowndomain I’m guessing that you are only keeping it off the homepage whilst the new site is under development?

I don’t see why we’d want the blog on the forum

Why have a blog with comments powered by a forum that doesn’t feature a reference to the blog with comments powered by the forum?

So that comments on blog articles get replied to by friendly SLMS members

Not sure if this takes the Foobar thread off topic, nor how Discourse is themed. But would it be possible to flip the body copy across to Source Sans Pro from Google fonts to match the upcoming new site?

Also @unknowndomain it seems that the wp-discourse plugin is unable to publish to a category that is not available via: https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/categories.json. Which appears to be the homepage items…

Any custom CSS is possible, and all posts in a category have a custom class, so yes. All the replies would be in Source Sans as well though.

EDIT: Ah! The 1st post has id=“post_1” gimme a sec…

Bingo.
.category-blog #post_1 .contents p { font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif; }

Let me know what else should be in that {}

But they come up in unread and new. You don’t need the category.

That looks great!

I take your point. There’s not necessarily a need to push it into specifically a Blog category. There’s actually a pull request we could probably take advantage for wp-discourse, that allows you to route individual posts into specific categories.

Think it is only outstanding because of some trivial code formatting issues

Why is that a problem?

I only ever read Latest and Unread, so would miss out on blog posts otherwise.