First table saw induction

Fortunately trained?

In hand tools!

If you fancy looking after that?

I don’t quite have enough experience to do the full RA, but I’ll organise it, yes.

Sorry , we will roll them out asap after the first one

The first induction is about bringing as much experience to the table and create a induction for the members.

Joe. Been out of action for past few weeks. Have used on several recentish
occasions at Southwark classes. Available as and when. Peter.

1 Like

Have you had training in its use or are you self taught?

Joe. I’ve not had formal training so just what I’ve done under John (the
Technician’s) supervision. So he sets up, let’s me do same and I’ve
probably changed blade a couple of times. So limited.

I have been thinking of doing some formal stuff on the big kit though as
feel it would be very useful.

Peter

Fortunately trained?

I’d like to join. Used other table saws so think I can catch on…

Cool , I am trying to avoid a bunch of self taught people there, as I include myself as a self taught muppit. …

I am trying to pull in as much experience from who have worked in schools ect .

Have used or had formally training ?

I was trained as part of my Machine Woodworking unit at back at London Met. 15 years ago. Since I haven’t used one since at least 2005, I’m not at all sure what I’ll remember. I imagine once we get going certain things will reemerge from the fog of time, but I couldn’t contribute anything sensible off the top of my head now.

Availability: many daytimes between the 17th and the 25th of October. Also possibly the evenings of 17, 19, 23, 24, 25. Some of those will inevitably get eaten up by work, but I likely won’t know til the last minute.

1 Like

@joeatkin2 I’m currently being formally trained over in Peckham and available most weekends.

Although I have a small table saw of my own i’d like to do an induction with the kit at Herne hill to best get to to know the layout of the space and practices that you guys like to follow.

Im also available most daytimes between the 17th and the 25th of October. I can do any evening as well.

I have training on table saws and would be happy to come in for induction between 17th and 25th as seems to be suggested.

1 Like

Thank you people :grinning: