This will no doubt be a bit amateurish to most of the screenprinters here, but wanted to record my first attempts at screenprinted posters.
I spent some time last week knocking up a quick screen frame and fitting some fabric to it.
Inspired by the screenprints of the 70s and 80s feminist campaigns, my girlfriend and I decided to have a stab at this text:
Unfortunately, we ended up washing one screen out completely (I was warned that the emulsion was a bit aged), and our second didn’t really have time to cure, so we lost much of the text. However, we did end up with a screen which read “And become lesbians”.
So naturally we printed like thirty of them.
We had a great afternoon playing with the different inks and binders, and getting a feel for the technique.
Next steps: reprinting using the same screen to create a shadow effect, then washing out this screen and trying again for the whole text.