Filament dryer loan?

Hello everyone,

@Dorine has kindly allowed me to use some of her TPU filament for printing something flexible, but suggested it needs dried out.

The Carbon X1 will dry it, but I’m unlikely to get 12 hours straight in the space and wouldn’t want to hog the X1 for that long, so I was wondering if anyone has a dryer and would be willing to lend it for a day so I could dry out the filament at home?

Many thanks!
David

We have one (I think!)

Thanks @asander1. I can’t take it home though as per the space’s policy on loans? Or could I leave it running in the space?

Ah, I thought you wanted to use it in the space, should be okay to leave it running? @3dtechs?

We have the new extinguisher delivered this week which will cover all of the 3D area. this gives us a safety redundancy cushion for both the resin printer IPA and things like this (filament drying) and overnight prints. We need to have a chat about this though.

Once the extinguisher is installed though (hoping to do this this weekend), I don’t see an issue with things like a filament dyer staying on over night more or less straight away. Had a chat to @joeatkin2 about this already but would all the other @directors be happy with this? Guessing this would need an additional RA?

3 Likes