Failed Prusa MK2

Hey folks,
For about 2 years I have been trying to get a Prusa MK2 to work. I think I am to a point where I either got a bad unit or I should just totally tear it apart and rebuild it. I have a long history of bugs with the thing, including a back and forth with Prusa that got me free replacement parts but still nothing works right.
Anyone here interested in helping me take a look at who knows these printers? Maybe I am just doing something obviously wrong. I have followed the manual really closely - the only thing is I did let a student help with one axis assembly. I’d be willing to pay for some help at this point. I’m right on the edge of just chucking it - it’s the really finicky one with the threaded rods. It’s hellish.

1 Like

@laurent_muchacho is your chap here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can have a look at it, first try to bring it over on a Tuesday. But based on initial assessment and my availability it might be best if I’ll take it home fix it.

I could make a plan to meet you on the 28th if you want. That would be swell. I’m busy next Tuesday with a work thing.

Ok that will work.

Cool. I’ll add it to my diary. :smiley:

Fyi there is a member meeting on that night so will most likely start after 9 when the meeting conclude.