Exposure Times

Hello @silkscreen techs or anyone regularly using screen print area.

Do we have any times noted down anywhere for both exposure boxes (pcb and large A1)?

Also do we have any emulsion? @charlottecou I used some of yours but a few of us had a job trying to open it. I think possible because it was left in the messy room and become incredible thick most likely due to the warm temperature of the messy room. I placed in the chemical cabinet in the snug, but I think it might be spoiled.

Cheers

Not a problem! Thanks for flagging :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey,

I never figured out best exposure times, suspect we need to double the number of leds and half the height of the exposure box, unless @Howard or @cibelesoaresalvareng know anything I don’t?

Not got a system for replacing emulsion yet either, again ask Howard and cibele.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t get around to replying sooner Charlotte.
We haven’t got very consistent results at the moment and the emulsion is very old.
You can do some simple exposure tests which is a bit of a nuisance.
There is a small exposure unit which may produce better results than the led one.
At the moment I am waiting for parts to build a new exposure unit and to make a decision about ordering new emulsion. Hopefully that will get sorted out in the next few weeks so we can do some sensible exposure testing.
Somewhere there is a test

1 Like

Cool thanks, when do you think we will have more emulsion?
Thanks,

I actually found some in a box in top of te screenprint suction table.

Was hoping to come down on Sunday to test exposing using lights in the back and one of the glass tables, but unfortunately got sick.

Also, anyone inducted way back in '16/'17 the silkscreen techs have purchased a drier that slips into the exposure boxes meaning drying emulsion should take no more than 30 mins!

1 Like

Sorry to hear you got sick! But great thanks I will try and get down at some stage to have play :slight_smile:

Actually, I think that is also spoiled- for the same read. Emulsion just washes off.

I’m going to buy some tomorrow and bring it down at some point - and leave it in the fridge.

I did get great results with exposing using the table and a light 16inchs away from frame exposing for 5min.

Oh ok cool thanks I might give that a whirl – do you mind if I use some if I head in this week?

Thanks,

Sorry I missed this. Just picked up emulsion and will drop off at the space today. Your welcome to use. Will live in snug.

If @silkscreentechs would like to use this as the space emulsion I can provide a receipt.

Cheers

1 Like