Excited to learn and build! Hi everyone Chris here

Hi I’m Chris,

Really excited to be part of this community!
My background is within visual effects for film and tv, specifically within compositing (think green screens etc.). A lot of the programs I use in my day job have some kind of automation via python so over the years I’ve picked up some knowledge on this programming language.

My main hobby is retro computing and emulation. I’d love to further my knowledge and re-condition some of the machines I have. I’ve thought about building a small arcade joystick (6 button) cased in a wooden box that would house a raspberry pi or similar that could run various emulations. Similar to this Arcade joystick.

Looking forward to meeting more of you over the coming months!
-Chris

6 Likes

welcome

1 Like

Hey Chris!

Fellow retro restorer and enthusisast here!

Welcome to the SLMS!

2 Likes

Amazing! I tend to stick with Amigas and intellivisions but dabbling a little with mega drives and gamegears recently.

Was lovely meeting you and a few others last night! I’ve got some very small repair jobs in mind for some of my retro related gadgets that I hope to attempt on a Thursday evening at some point.

2 Likes

Hello Chris! I too have an interest in old computers and seem to have amassed a bit of a collection of them over lockdown. I must come back to one of the electronics nights soon. I still need to do a composite mod for my ZX Spectrum 48+.

2 Likes

By the way I’m visiting the RMC Cave this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLEoyoOKZK0idGqSc6Pi23w

1 Like

Nice! Will have to check that out next time im in the area!

Oh, awesome! Enjoy. I must head over there and have a visit some time too.

1 Like

I’m jealous! Little to busy at the moment to book tickets to see Neils cave! He’s such a lovely chap and the space he has created looks amazing!

I’ll look forward to hearing about it from you!

1 Like

I’m donating some stuff, he might end up making a video about it…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Amazing! I’m sure you had a blast! Looking forward to hearing about the visit.

1 Like