Electronic help or general assistance

I cracked my screen clean across the middle a week ago so with that laptop down I reverted to using my Linux dell machine and have managed to spill some peppermint tea inside near the fan. Now it won’t turn on :sob:

Any suggestion to resaurect it? Is it lost cause - any help, suggestions very much appreciated.

Also on a side note I am missing two black usb stick one 8gb one 16gb. They both hold all my laser files and product photos, if you have borrowed one or both please can you let me know.

Many thanks

Chanelle

Goodness Chanelle you are having a rough week!

How much did you spill - a few drops or a few spoonfuls?
Did the tea contain any sugar, honey or similar?

If it was just a few drops and no sugar or such, then it may not be lost. However, trying to turn it on is not helping the poor thing while it has moisture inside - pull plugs, put somewhere warm (not hot!) and where ventilation is present, and leave for a day - then try to power up.

If it was more than a few drops (but still no sugar etc.) then directing a warm air stream right at where you spilled the tea may have slightly higher chance of recovery.

If your tea had sugar or honey in it, it’s still not impossible that it might come back to life. But in that case, taking it apart and cleaning it out would be a matter of urgency.

Good luck!
Hanry

1 Like

Thanks Hanry

It was more than a few drops and directly into the ven’t - luckily I don’t take sugar or honey in tea.

Another member in the space suggested laying the laptop on it’s side and using the hair dryer to get rid of excess water.

Which I did and have left it now to dry out by itself - revisit again later to see what the verdict is.

Thanks for the comprehensive assistance!