Electricity in kitchen working again - dishwasher is back!

Big thank you for @joeatkin2 for getting the electricity in the kitchen back up and running.

This means the dishwasher is also back in action!

3 Likes

No the dishwasher was th problem

2 Likes

Sorry

Doh- so should we find a new dishwasher?

No , probably just a matter of replacing the plug and socket and fixing the silicone

2 Likes

A bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean up is all that is required to clean up so the new silicone will last more than 5 minutes

2 Likes

Buying it rn. @directors can I order it on the cleaning maintanance card?(colloquially known as toilet paper card)

Yes, a small bottle I assume?

How often do 0.5l - 1l bottles of IPA actually ignite on their own?
If there’s any concern, I can get bottles between 50ml-250ml

1 Like

I just mean we don’t need a 5L bottle hanging around

3 Likes

flashing point is 12degC and self ignition is 399degC, it needs to be always tightly closed, used in small amounts in a ventilated area. btw.

2 Likes

Wasn’t planning on that, getting 250ml…

1 Like

I’ve found the 250ml bottles often cost the same as the 1L. Too bad I’m out of town, otherwise I’d bring in my bottle. It does absorb moisture out of the air but water content isn’t too critical for most applications. I use it for cleaning electronics and a convenient solvent that totally evaporates. I’m curious if @electrotechs find it as useful as I do.

1 Like

If it’s about the same price I would get the bigger one. It’s always useful for cleaning or surface disinfecting.
Works great for degreasing the bed of the 3-D printer.

IPA it’s always welcome at the electronic benches

2 Likes

Do you have some already? As contact cleaner?

@joeatkin2 i brought my personal IPA and left it on the kitchen counter.

I can order 1l if that’s what people want and we can decant it in smaller bottles for different areas or something.

1 Like

Personally not at the moment, in the space there was some in the cupboard in the snug