Electric planer / thicknesser?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496716f78> #<Tag:0x00007fa496716e38>

Hi, ages since I’ve been down to the space, so not sure what equipment is available. I wondered if there is a way of planing down some teak planks I have removed from an old garden table (no screws or nails). I planed some of them by hand for another project but it took a long time. They’re not that big – LxW is about 550 x 70mm.
I haven’t used an electric planer or the thicknesser so if they’re working I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to help me out with it? Can offer bribes!

Hi Mike,

I’m quite happy to help you out with this at some point, it just depends when I suppose.

I’m generally here at some point at weekends and also 1 or 2 evenings in the week?

Thanks, Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve, that would be much appreciated.

Perhaps you could drop me a DM when you know which evenings you’re going to be around? Or I could get in touch before the weekend and we could try to arrange a time.

Thanks!

No problem, yes I’ll do that, I usually try to be there on Saturday afternoon to work on my own projects but plenty of time to also help with yours

This week I’ve moved my woodshop induction to Friday but I may well be there Tuesday or Wednesday evening as well so I’ll let you know…

1 Like