Dressmaking / Craft Book Swap?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49662f808> #<Tag:0x00007fa49662f678>

Hey crafters,

we did a bit of nerding out on sewing / crafting books at this week’s Craft meetup, and I joked about a sewing book club, but… I realised I’m not joking :sunglasses::unicorn:

1- who would be interested?
2- what format would you be interested in?

I was thinking maybe we could set up a little book swap? we could have a low tech system to support it

• where we share what books we’re happy to lend / when
  • have a little booking system in place
  • have a little corner of the textile area where bring the books for the swap

But totally open to other ideas, especially if you’re more interested in having group discussions, etc.

wdyt!!

@Amanda @tracyd @StudioNelle (I hope I got your handle right!) @Julia @Lauren

3 Likes

I’m up for it! I have a ridiculous number of sewing and craft books that I’m happy to share. I’ll start an inventory!

2 Likes

I’m up for it! I have a ridiculous number of sewing and craft books that I’m happy to share. I’ll start an inventory!

1 Like

Hello! I’m back from my travels! This is a great idea!

Having moved here with just a suitcase, I don’t really have many books to contribute. But I love the idea of having a resource & inspiration library in the space-- or maybe a little library exchange program.

2 Likes

Great! Yes a library would be wonderful wouldn’t it! I just thought the book swap is easier as we probably want to keep our books at home most of the time :slight_smile:

But it looks like we’re not a TON of people interested, so rather than over engineer it: we could
1- start a thread where we dump photos of the books we have that we’re happy to bring Borrow my sewing books
2- make it a feature of craft night (and people can chat 1:1 about keeping the book a little longer)

Then if it grows into a bigger thing, I’m still happy to put together a little system for it

wdyt?

2 Likes