Do you have woodwork machine experience?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4973593f8>

Hello makers.

If you have experience using woodwork power tools, especially routers, bandsaws and table saws and are looking to give some time to helping out at SLMS, could you please comment on this thread.

As we’re getting a number of new members and the woodshop is growing, there is an opportunity to get involved and help with a few jobs around the space.

Will share more info with those that are interested and willing to contribute a few hours a month to the space.

Thanks

7 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

:raised_hand:

1 Like

:raised_hand:

EDIT: similar to @dougalrees I’ve not had the inductions in this workshop yet. Also as a disclaimer it’s been ~10Y since I’ve had a chance to work with some bigger machines (though I’ve kept the interest!)

1 Like

:raised_hand: although not at this workshop. Haven’t yet had my induction to use the tools here

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

:raising_hand_man:
Bandsaw and router yes. Haven’t used a table saw for a while.

Great, thanks for showing interest everyone. I’m going to put together an action plan and get you all involved. Keep an eye out for a message from me in the next week or so.

I have a little, am happy to help out however

1 Like

Hi there,
I make furniture and build things like kitchens etc as a side job for a good few years, as well as a previous job building bars and food stalls. I’m familiar with routers, sanders of all types, my own table saw, track saws and a fair bit of other stuff, though not the lathe or band saw. I’ve had an injury before so I’m very safety conscious with all that stuff.
I’d be very interested in teaching/helping in any way, just let me know.
Cheers

3 Likes

I’ve used power tools before including circular saws and a router, But i haven’t used the bandsaw or the table saw.

If i have time and there are volunteering events i would love to help.

I haven’t been inducted but have experience with table saw, pillar drill, mitre saw.

Happy to oiffer up some time if there is still need for help.

1 Like

Actually, any of those can work for me, it only let me vote once?

Thanks Steve. Will change shortly.

Hello, all.

Just wanting to get a sense of when everyone is available to meet. It’d be great if we could all get down to the space at the same time and chat through things. This would work best over a weekend, but I’ve put some evenings in the poll below. Please select the dates that best suit you and we’ll take it from there.

• Thursday 2 June - 10:00 - 14:00
  • Sunday 5 June - 11:00 - 15:00
  • Wednesday 8 June - 18:30 - 21:30
  • Saturday 11 June - 10:00 - 14:00

0 voters

Tagging @Sam as this post might be too far back for him to see.

Popping my name down, as happy to help out where needed. Have experience on most power tools - incl. various saws, router, lathe etc

Can only make the Sunday date in the poll, but might be able to pop in briefly on the 11th if that’s the chosen date. Cheers

1 Like

It seems next Wednesday is the best for everyone. Can whoever voted for Wednesday like this post so I know who is able to come. I’ll put a booking in and we can take it from there.

3 Likes

I’ve only just got back from Aus, but if this hasn’t happened yet I can do from next week

1 Like