Craftsy folks! Where are you? Let's get together!

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49824fd80> #<Tag:0x00007fa49824fc40> #<Tag:0x00007fa49824fb00>

Hi everyone,

I would really like to start up a social meetup for people in the space that like to do any type of crafting!
Textiles, sewing, knitting, crochet, felting, weaving, quilting, spinning, macrame, lacemaking, embroiding, cross stiching, tatting, dying, applique…did I forget anything? :grinning:

I have tried myself on a fair few of these and most like doing stuff that are shorter projects and I don’t have to follow a super complicated pattern.

What kind of things are people into making? Post some pictures as well if you would like!

I know we have some newbies that are interested in textiles as well. @mbg, @Lily_Atkins, @TracyD :slight_smile: What do you guys like to make?

It would be great if we would have a meetup sometime in February!
Everyone can bring their projects and we can just have a social evening with tea and biscuits! Cake anyone? :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi Julia - I would love to do this! I mostly do dressmaking at home - but have been wanting to branch out for a long time. I have made quilts in the past and I have done a tiny bit of freehand embroidery on a sewing machine. I’ve also made lampshades from fabric
I have a couple of embroidery kits and a load of wool and knitting kit sat unused in drawers - I’m always put off with not knowing where to start. But I would love to learn how to knit.

I’m not sure how to post photos on here - but as soon as I work it out I’ll post a few things. Here’s my instagram feed though - I’m afraid I haven’t posted anything on here in ages - https://www.instagram.com/tracy_mc_davis/!

2 Likes

I’ll be there especially when Julia’s bringing a cake!
I’ve done a simple quilting over Christmas, I have some tweaks to do and some more cushions to finish.

3 Likes

Hi - yeah this sounds lovely - would be very keen for a crafty meet up :slight_smile: I sew clothes, knit, crochet, punch needle, done a little bit of quilting and am getting into fabric printing. Got a weaving kit for Xmas and super excited to try that out too! Would be lovely to share tips and learn more from each other! Feb meet up would be perfect.
Thanks,
Catherine

3 Likes

@TracyD wow! you’re dresses look amazing! I have done some classes on dress making before but i am not great unfortunately. Would love to learn more!

@petra CAKE!!! CAAAAAAKE! If course I will bring some!

@CatHulme woopwoop! Weaving is something I want to do again … Let’s fix a date for a meet up!

What day were we thinking? I’ve never done any knitting or sewing before, but would be down to watch and learn; I’ve always been interested. My girlfriend is working on a piece of chainmail, she’s expressed interest in coming as well.

3 Likes

Wow - chainmail! Thats something I’ve never thought of making before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Usually I will only be able to do evenings or weekends - but I’m actually off work all next week if that helps set a date? Was already having a staycation of sewing and jewellery making at home - heaven :grinning:The only day I’m not free is Wednesday and some of the evenings.

1 Like

Weaving!!! I’ve been interested in weaving forever but never managed to properly get into it despite having a small table one (4 shafts). I’d be super interested in exchanges around this, maybe finally get to a point of actually weaving something!!! (I never got past a few rows and being disappointed in the warp set up that took forever).
A special meetup in Feb would be great, but I’ll only be available the first 2 weeks (then abroad)!

1 Like

How about next Tuesday 1/2/2022 or the Tuesday after 8/2/22 in the evening from 6.30 or 7pm? :grinning:

1 Like

8/2 works for me.

1 Like

I’m so sorry! I obviously don’t have my notifications set up properly and so have only just seen this message. I would have been free all day yesterday :pensive:

Nevermind, 8th is good - I can come along from 6:30. It’s my first meet-up - wonderful! We should bring a project? And do we bring cakes? :grin:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make the 8th, bummer!

1 Like

Let do the 8th of February then! I will set up an event.

2 Likes

I will hopefully see you all tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is Leather craft, crafty? Blaire and I would like to join if I can bring a guest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very crafty I would say! :grinning:

And of course you can bring guests!

2 Likes

Is there anything we should bring (apart from our projects)?
And we just turn up? I’ll try to be there for 6:30 or not long after.

Really looking forward to meeting you all!

1 Like