Concrete everything

Do you guys still have a surplus of cement at the space? Also do you recycle paper box?

There is some cement but it is very out of date.

What do you mean recycle paper box?

We don’t provide recycling for the community if that’s what you meant?

OK. I just wanted to know if you had paper recycle bin for the space that I could use. I have some at home it would just save me added to my bag was all.

Cheers

I see. Yes there is.

experiment 1: papercrete

No idea how this is going to turn out. Recipe 3 part paper 1 part concrete 1 part sand.

4 Likes

My guess would be something like glass fibre-reinforced concrete, but not quite as reinforced :slight_smile:

Wow GFRC looks ace!

I’m nervous about it setting there is hardly any cement in there - will have to wait until tomorrow.

2 Likes

FYI, the kitchen is made of GFRC

1 Like

ahh I’ve been eyeing that up too!

There’s still half a bag of fibre mesh somewhere

1 Like

I’ll have a look on Friday - thank you!

Its in the snug on the transverse shelves.

1 Like

How’s about those apples:

5 Likes

Wow @boldaslove that came out really well! How was the formwork after the pour, did it have to be destroyed to remove the piece?

Nah just unscrewed, and came off clean.

But!
The wooden (poruse) dowl used for the drain hole got stuck in. Bad idea. Had to be drilled out. Next version I’ll try a lubed plastic pipe.

Well I have to say… incredibly good looking for a first attempt…
On a professional point of view I say… mate, you really have to redo the sealing around the bath tub… I’m sure is leaking! :slight_smile: hahaha

2 Likes

I didn’t have time. I’ve been making the space​:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Plus it’s bloody expensive to buy a whole tube for one little bit!

Off topic: did you leave one of your kids black fleeces in the space? There’s one on the main table in clean room.

Yes it is mine, please leave it somewhere and let me know where so I can collect it on my next visit… most likely Saturday night.
Many thanks