Clothes rail/shelving build

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49e4d12b0> #<Tag:0x00007fa49e4d0e50> #<Tag:0x00007fa49e4d07c0> #<Tag:0x00007fa49e4d0360>

Yep, there’s 3 or 4 of them in the space ‘somewhere’

1 Like

I think I’ve seen at least one in plain sight on a shelf in the snug… Somewhere…

this is what they look like

3 Likes

There’s one sealed up behind the tiling under my bath at home, if that helps. :frowning:

2 Likes

The very kind @lewisss was a great help digging through the space with me to find a pipe cutter – to no avail. We (mostly he) pretty much looked everywhere. In a case such as this, would it be best to just buy a new one? Or is there some clever system for finding tools that have gone walkabout?

There is a white carrier bag full of plumbing tools somewhere, it may have last been used around the screen printing area when they fitted the sink. It used to be kept in the orange storage box.

1 Like

Have just checked I could lay hands on my pipe cutter (giggles). Can bring in to the space on Saturday for noon, if thats useful @danleblanc01?

1 Like

That would be really kind, @TomHedges! Paola and I look forward to it. See you at noon on Saturday :grinning:

1 Like

Just going back to where this thread started… Have noticed this pile of pallets and assorted wood on Ridgway Road. Mostly old decking and joists. Even some full height doors with miraculously intact glazing - any cold frame builders might be interested…

Sign in photo contains number for joiners - guess they might get rid of officuts and scrap regularly!

1 Like

Good find! Thanks again for all your help yesterday @TomHedges :grin:

You know who else near the space often has pallets going free — the bar next door! While I was taking my scavenged pallets apart outside on Friday evening, a lady from Canopy passed by and said if anyone ever wants pallets, the bar always has some going free. She pointed them out and some were in really good shape! @PaolaCastillo and I will probably take them up on the offer next time.

1 Like

And the main pipe structure is finished! Designed and built by the super creative @PaolaCastillo.

All that’s left is the wooden shelves that will sit across the rungs of the four ‘ladders’, and it’s finished! A much cleverer use of the space than what I had up to this point. This is our very first furniture project (I helped cut some pipes and break up pallets :blush:) and we’re really pleased with it. Much more to come!

7 Likes

So friggin cute - great job!

1 Like

Good use of a weird recess!

Finished!

6 Likes

I want to make something shiny and coppery to replace my crappy Ikea shoe storage so I may be asking for some advice. However with all the other things I have to do It’s probably not going to happen anytime soon!

Easiest way is to varnish it after polishing.
Think water resistant varnish, Polyurethane lacquer should work too.

ps: those won’t work (last long) on heated pipe

Thanks!

1 Like