Chopping down a medium/large oak tree

Hi All,

At one point in the future at my flats we’re going to have to chop down our oak tree, which is sad because it’s a lovely tree but its roots are apparently undermining the building.

This would most likely result in a large amount of wood. I’ll talk and see what’s going on that front. This is just a bit of notification, it’d be a while before the poor dear is felled. I’d like to make myself something from some of the wood, but in general I feel others in the space may find the wood useful?

5 Likes

Thanks it will be very useful. I would use some.

1 Like

I think this came up before and the challenge is that fresh wood needs to be stored for 1-2 years before it can be used with tools in the woodshop - if my memory serves me right.

Hi @Maz fantastic. Please let me know, I’m using oak tree for making sculptures so fresh wood is kind of ideal for carving. Thank you :pray:

honestly we should be able to find somewhere in my flats where we can store some wood for a couple of years, I’ve basically had a bunch of planks outside of mine stored that long. The only thing otherwise is that we’d need to see like who has bagsies, what the aborists/surgeons do, and I am not gonna carry some greenwood to the space (we’re near brixton academy)

good news and bad news!
Bad news, no wood available
Good news, tree has been deemed safe by an arbourist! World’s angriest squirrel will stil have a home!

6 Likes

Well great news!