Child centred electronics drop in at the space! 1st July

Me and @emuboy are planning to host a drop in aimed at members with children in the family who want to explore electronics at the space.

For now we just want to be present and encourage members to bring their children with them to the space to explore electronics.

It would take place between 1pm and 4pm on the 1st July and would be a drop in.

You can bring a project, an idea, or just curiosity!

If you’re interested please leave a comment so we can get an idea of numbers and see what shape the drop in could take.

Looking forward to it!

Hannah

@Dermot, if this clashes with any other planned activity could you please let me know and I’ll change the date? Thanks!

3 Likes

Doesn’t clash with anything else – but we just need to have it up here for a couple of days to check there are now objections from members before confirming it as an event.

I think this is a very good use of the space!

3 Likes

Me too. Will try and come to this one.

2 Likes

Just realised from another post that this is tomorrow!

There’s been no objections. So it’s a yes from the members.

@hannahintech anything you need? What are the timings? Other thread says from 12. May be a bit late, but do you want some social media coverage? @marketing

1 Like

Yes, 1pm is actually fine, so people can have an early lunch or something. A bit of coverage should be fine, I don’t expect it to be very busy tomorrow! It will be a bit of an experiment :slight_smile:
I think I’ll plan an activity that’s good for various age groups and bring some supplies.

This is aimed at members only or are others welcome?

As long as it’s okay to use the space, it’s aimed at anyone!

1 Like

Excellent. A relevant photo would be great.

Done some quick media-izing!

1 Like

Sorry, a bit busy here… I could send something in about an hour perhaps if it’s not too late!

This should do the job…

3 Likes

Guys, My name is Andrea, I know is weird, I know is used for female here, it mean “Male” in Ancient Greek , I’m ok with all the puns, but can someone remove the leading “s” on the Facebook page? There is only one of me, which is, for the best of everyone , enough.

Thanks! :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, I do know your name &#8211: was in a bit of a hurry…

1 Like

lol.

Beer in one hand, typing with my thumb!

1 Like

Offending s removed

1 Like

How was it?

a little empty! I was thinking I would like to organise a set activity, and I would bring a couple of my daughter’s friends to create a bit of interest. Then hopefully if we publicise it and take pictures and such people will come. Maybe some publicity a bit earlier will help. Also, I think the timing was wrong. It should either be early-ish in the morning (say 10am start) or an early evening session. Is there any possibility to purchase a few (budget) textile electronics (some LED’s and chinese lilypad’s perhaps)?
I was thinking of making a pencil case or something with the kids. Otherwise I could even get some light up badges and do some soldering with them. I can do some research into appropriate projects.

Yes, we can provide some budget.

Let’s publicise the next one well in advance.

1 Like

I think you have a point about timings. We were out for the day, but might have been able to squeeze in a 10am.

1 Like