Casting flowers in resin

What’s the situation with our vacuum pump? Does it have a chamber? Is it in working order?

I’ve used the Kickstarter one. No chamber but dead easy to use. Limitations are the size of your object

Is this something we have?

Yep, somewhere in messy room at lest few months ago. In a blank cardboard box.

Two different things: vacuum former in cardboard box

Vacuum chamber in Messy Room, as @Dani_Clode

1 Like

The vacuum chamber works wonders and is dead easy to use. Either myself or Dani can show you around when you’re wanting to use it. There are probably a few others who know how to set it all up so ask on the day else give me a call…!

2 Likes

Wanting to try it this weekend - I have two flowers I want to to try casting. Don’t need to have them under pressure the whole cure, just to get the bubbles out.

Super interested in how the vacuum chamber works to remove bubbles. Could you please shoot a short clip of your setup and a aftershot of the finished item and add it to this post? :wink:

1 Like

We tested that vacuum chamber when it arrived and it’s Very powerful. We got the chamber down to almost zero and made cold water boil so it’s definitely up to the job. Just have to treat it with care and make sure the pump has oil in it…

Courty

3 Likes