Can anyone PAT test/certify an artwork I made at Makerspace?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496ca48f0>

Hi everyone!

One of the LED artworks (pic below) I made in the Makerspace has been shortlisted for the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition(!). The final judging stage involves taking the piece in to be assessed at the RA. Only thing is, if it plugs into the mains, it needs to be PAT certified.

Is anyone here qualified to do this? Obvs v happy to pay. Thought I’d reach out to the community before contacting random electricians!

Thanks

Simon

4 Likes

@Howard has a pat tester, unsure if can certify… and I will be finishing a PAT testing course later this year…

2 Likes

I’m a certified PAT tester, though honestly anyone with general common sense is allowed to certify, I don’t have a PAT machine though, so if we arranged for me to use @Howard 's then I could give it a full earth rather than just a visual

3 Likes

Howard’s Robin IR80

1 Like

If you’re comfortable with it, would you folks mind adding an entry in Service Provider Directory when this settles out? Would be a great reference for members!

2 Likes

When are you next at the makerspace? Also is the PAT machine there?

Sure thing Kyle!

1 Like

I’m very flexible. Can be there most evenings or daytimes this week or next. Not sure if the PAT machine is in the space or not… @Howard? Would you be ok with Maz using your machine?

Pat tester is under 3d printer bench, and for members to use

6 Likes

Thursday at 7pm?

This is so helpful thanks!

I can’t make tonight unfortunately. Any time over the Easter weekend work for you? Or maybe next Friday (22nd) evening?

Tomorrow midday?

How much is the course? I’d be interested doing it too

Tomorrow midday works! I’ll see you there. Thanks!

@Maz, are you comfortable being added to the list of resources for members if they need PAT testing? I don’t imagine overwhelming demand but you never know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course, no problem!

1 Like