Call for Urgent laser projects

Hi @lasertechs,
Thanks for sorting out the laser cutter!
I have a couple of sheets of 3mm acrylic I’d like to engrave and cut, would it be possible Tuesday after 6pm or at the weekend?
Thanks!
Tim

Hi @lasertechs
I would like to engrave and cut about 15 A4 3mm sheets if possible. I’ve got the file ready.
I could do Weds, Thurs or Fri evening - from 6pm - this week if that works.
Many thanks and appreciate your time,
Roy

Hi Tim, yeah, come tommorow.

Hi @rclutterbuck, I’ll let you know tommorow whether I’ll be in Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks! See you then, I’ll come after work so will be there 6/6.30ish

Thank you so very much for cutting the prusa frames!

Very much appreciated.

Elliot

Just to clarify about when it might open - do you mean about another week from now or a week from when this thread was started? Have a job that could wait a couple of days if it’s likely to open shortly/save hassling you guys but if it’s a week from now would love to drop in before then if possible. Many thanks!

Hi Calum, until Thursday lasercutting is open with one of the @lasertechs present. On Friday we’ll anounce more particular info, I meant roughly from Monday based on Friday’s Trotec visit. It seems to run fine, but needs monitoring .

If you want to have something done I’ll be in possibly tommorow and Thursday afternoon/evening.

1 Like

Hi, pop down tommorow or Thursday afternoon/evening (let me know what about time roughly).

Please provide details of the job, materials and cutting/engraving etc. Is this the project with the many little circles?

Great thanks - no it’s not the little circles - it’s an unrelated project and different material but also requires circles but they are 19.1mm diametre. It’s black acrylic (genuine perspex), 1.5mm thick, needs holes cut in specific areas of material. Will probably cut a piece of 3mm laser grade MDF beforehand to act as alignment jig. Cheers

Thank you for the update! Do you know when you’ll know if you’re coming in tomorrow (I can pop in whenever suits, morning good, afternoon good, evening also possible)? Thanks again

Thank you,

I’ll be down at 6pm on Thursday if that suits you?

1 Like

I’ve retweeted your tweet. What is the project?

Hi everyone, well done for the heroic rescue, just read back through all the threads of the last few weeks!

I was hoping to cut a ply plaque for the back of a chair for a local organisation. It’s pretty urgent but of course, not the end of the world. I’ve got laser ply already to go and the file is totally set up in illustrator.

Is anyone able to help with this in the next few days please? X

Hi @petra
Just wondering how the Trotec visit went on Friday? Any chance of using the laser cutter this weekend? :slight_smile:

Thanks
Jeremy

1 Like

update thanks for all those who produced laser projects for further testing our machine. No more projects are required for further testing.
The visit from trotec has concluded and the laser techs are still busy sorting out some issues prior to reopening the machine.
As I’m sure you are all aware, Petra and I have been as accommodating as we can during the time the laser has been out of action but we are still unable to open the machine to all users at this time.
It is estimated that the machine will be back up and running early this coming week and we will post an update as soon as we are ready.

We thank you all for your patience and hope to see you lasing again soon.

11 Likes

Laser cutter is back!

See Lasercutter back in action

4 Likes

Great news! Thanks @petra and @Jonathan!

Hi Dermot - it’s the same project I wrote up in the projects section - I think we discussed me making a blog?