Build a movable exhibition wall for V&A event(s)- commission

(Dermot Jones) #1

We received the email below

Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll pass on email details

Hi South London Maker Space,

My name is Melissa Haniff and I am working on behalf of Counterpoints Arts for Refugee Week.

I am writing to enquire about whether yourselves or any of your members would be interested in quoting for the build and delivery of a custom free standing exhibition wall for an art installation to be held at the end of May 2019 in the Tate, Southbank and V&A.

The premise of the piece is around the senses and empathy of displacement, the member of the public sits on one side of the wall, puts their arm through a hole and the artist on the other side paints in ink whilst both listening to poetry from the artist.

The wall will need to be portable and allow for easy storage as it will need to be in 3 different art galleries over the space of a week. Ideally lightweight and easily constructed for a lay person to construct and deconstruct as necessary. If the wall could be divided into 3 panels, with the middle section being 1200mm and the end pieces 1400mm(other suggestions welcome). The wall would need to be constructed and delivered by 18th May 2019 the latest.

*Wall Dims :
height = 2 metres
length = 4 metres
thickness = Dependent of material used

Other features:
-A whole in the centre of 180mm of the central panel
-A small hole for a headphone cable in central panel
-Wall exterior to be white and to be able to have vinyl transfer placed onto it.
-Small stage constructed for middle panel on both side as per drawings attached as well as small shelf for artist on one side.

I would be happy to send over more information should yourselves or anyone any of your members be interested in this commission.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks,
Melissa Haniff

(Jonty Bottomley) #2

@Will this could be a perfect opportunity for your LED panel piece…