Broken glass and general rubbish

This evening I went to use the space and there was a large amount of broken glass from a florescent lighting tube which had been left lying around and subsequently been smashed.
Broken glass is a safety issue: please clear up breakages promptly. This may also have been avoided if the metal work space had been left in a tidier state - please don’t use this as a dumping ground.

On a related topic - @woodworkers : it may have crossed your mind that we can actually tell who has been using tools without the extraction on or clearing up after themselves, because the offcuts from your projects are left all over the place.

Please make the effort to keep dust down by turning on the extraction and clearing up after yourselves: offcuts belong in the relevant bin.

1 Like

Ed, a couple of those small bits are mine. Apologies. Missed those. I did run around with the air compressor and sweep up the whole room in my defence. Will make sure I grab the last odds and sods off the chopsaw next time.

1 Like

A bit 1984 .

1 Like

I think it’s DNA testing…or counting the rings in the wood…

2 Likes

In all seriousness, what’s the disposal method for the lighting tubes?

“The results of the DNA testing are in. We’re looking for a suspect fifty feet tall. And made of green oak.”

Appreciated Dale, thanks. I wasn’t trying to have a go at particular individuals, just give a general nudge over this given we had a lot of (justified) concern about dust and muck over the last couple of months.

We shouldn’t need to dispose of tubes as all the fittings we have are brand new.

There is no official process but to find a local recycling center that take flouro tubes.

Slightly concerned about where the Floro tube came from as all our fittings are sealed and shock proof. any ideas ?

Courty

1 Like

Likely from the pile of old ones. There’s a flickery tube in the messy workshop, and there was some thought of replacing it. This one was probably hanging around due to that.

1 Like

I recall seeing it in the metalwork area before (in the blue metal bin) but otherwise no.

There was a bundle of them taped together somewhere.

#nicetry!

No worries. I’m generally the first to have a pop if people leave crap laying about so it’s only fair I hold myself to those standards too!

1 Like

I did have a look last night and couldn’t see one flicker.
If anyone knows/see’s which one it is, please make a note and we’ll get it changed for a new one ASAP !

Courty

Yeah… wouldn’t flicker for me yesterday.

@fincheee was able to coax flickering IIRC