Bespoke Wood Window Framing

Hello SLM,

My team is designing the front entrance of a coworking space in King’s Cross, and we are looking for a quote on a bespoke wood window framing.

We want to know if there is anyone at South London Makerspace who could give is a ballpark figure, and potentially discuss making it.

I’m happy to send over the art work if so.

Thanks all,
Nathan

What sort of thing do you want ? And on what timescales?

I would probably be able to do it

Hi Joe,

We are working in a listed building, and so to avoid planning, we’ve designed a frame that hugs the inside of window from which we can hang plants, so that we don’t have to drill in to the building.

I’ve tried to upload an image of the design, but I’ve been told new members can’t upload images. I’m happy to email you. Please let me know what’s best.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Nathan

Joeatkin2@gmail.com

Sounds interesting, work on listed buildings is always quite interesting /fun

Thanks Jo,

I just emailed you.

All the best,
Nathan

Don’t forget the Joe Atkin 2 apprenticeship scheme… :wink:

Have you taken any professional advice re: listed building approval? It’s not just concerned with physical alteration of the building, but its appearance too. Most planning departments are too overworked to actively enforce small things like this, but you can’t predict the behaviour of passing busybodies or curtain-twitching neighbours…

I haven’t Tom, sorry. You can pretty easily (from what I understand) have a pre-planning consultation, however. They’ll tell you what they think will and will not fly.

Good luck,
Nathan

Very much worth doing, in my experience