Bee visitor centre @ Mayow Park

Tried locally for daff bulbs to no avail :disappointed:

Ok. Never mind. There’s a few bulbs in any way.

What else would be good?

Maybe just pick up some winter bedding plants. Mini cyclamen, winter pansies and polyanthus/primulas are the classic reliables, some of the low heathers are often worth a try.

Visited the local flower shop in Herne Hill but came away ‘sans daffs’ but will check with her if she has any of your suggestions Dermot. I love Cyclamen.

Wild flower seeds sound good Paul, let’s make it really colourful.

Great that you both know your gardening, love it.

Put one of the ivy from the kitchen in the front window today as it was looking sad.

Got a pack from the £1 shop today - ‘Burst of Colour Collection’ - all the names are in Latin! Tested the bulbs Dermot, no squishy ones and they’re made in Birmingham rather than China. Will leave them on the table tomorrow.

They had poppies, really wanted to get some …

1 Like

The ‘Colour Bursts’ from £1 shop ok to be planted in Jan/Feb which is why I chose them. Outside today in the sun at MS, there is one seriously strong sprout, I had a go at it but it’s not moving :grinning:

A couple of weeks later and a bit of elbow grease…

7 Likes

any news on the swhrubbery :slight_smile: ?

Ah yes! I can sort something out. Do we want something herby or just green? We could plant a lavender bush or something else if you prefer a non herb… I’m just getting back into the swing of things :smile: also I find discourse a little confusing to follow :confused:

Or we could have a green thyme?

I like all those suggestions :blush:

I have a thyme and/or a lavender for the pot! It took a while and I couldn’t source a large one as hoped… I can bring them down during some day this week if someone will be around! Do we need some earth too? Both plants are much greener than they look in the picture, though of course lavender is somewhat silver/grey green.

Oh great! They’ll look great in the garden.
There’s loads of room at the moment so feel free to stick them anywhere. You’ll only need soil if you wanted to start a new container.

There’s tulips coming up at the moment, so look out for them.

1 Like

okay, I’ll either get @emuboy to bring them on Thursday or I’ll be in on Friday daytime to have a look/plant them :slight_smile:

1 Like